Members can discuss the creation of new DAO teams, the performance and proposed renewals of existing DAO teams in this category. This is a specific subset of the #governance-discussions:dao-treasury-proposals category that focuses on DAO teams.
Proposing a new DAO team
If a member, or group of members, believe another team can provide long-term value to the DAO, protocol, and members on a whole, they can write and post an RFC as part of the NMDP proposal process.
If you want to propose a new DAO team, you should start with an RFC that includes the following information:
- Title. [RFC]: Creation of the [Name of proposed DAO team]
- Summary . Short summary, no more than 250 words, of your proposal.
- Specification . The what and how of your proposal. What is the team and how does it add value to the DAO, benefit members, or improve the protocol?
- Purpose . What broad purpose does your team serve?
- How team aligns with DAO values, mission . How does your team help further the DAO’s mission and align with the mutual’s values?
- Priorities . What time-specific projects does your team plan to focus on over the next six months?
- Ongoing responsibilities . What duties and responsibilities will your team have over time that are not specific to the next six months?
- Team members . What are the roles within your team; who are the members; what is their background/biography; and what is the salary request for part-time or full-time contributors; what is the payment request for contractors?
- Budget request . If funds are being requested, which should include salaries, payments, and any other costs, then a breakdown of resources and expenses with line-item requests for the next six months is required either in the main NMDP or a supplementary proposal.
Once you’ve gone through the initial 12-day RFC phase, you can proceed to post a #governance-discussions:dao-treasury-proposals.
Continued funding for an existing DAO team
Established teams that are nearing the end of their funding period can write and post a team funding request NMDP.
If you want to propose renewed funding for an existing DAO team, you should start with an RFC that includes the following information:
- Title. [RFC]: Funding renewal for the [DAO team]
- Summary. Short summary, no more than 250 words, of your proposal.
Specification. The what and how of your proposal. In the sections below, you can state your team’s purpose, how your team adds value to the mutual, the key priorities for the next six months, etc.
- Ongoing responsibilities.
- Description of role.
- Salary, Payment.
- ** * Budget request.*
- Six-month performance review.
- Proposal status.
Once a funding renewal request has been posted for 12 days, you can revise your proposal with any feedback from the community and post a formal proposal in the #governance-discussions:dao-treasury-proposals category.
See the Nexus Mutual documentation for more information.