[RFC] - Stake idle ETH on Enzyme Vault to ether.fi

Thanks, @rok, for this detailed proposal. I think Ether.fi represents a good opportunity for the Mutual. You can find my comments below and a link to my broader thoughts on both investment allocations on @Rei’s post about how we manage the Snapshot signalling votes for these two RFCs.

Comments

• How much liquidity is typically available for redemptions? The above highlights that Etherfi keeps liquidity available for redemptions, but should the liquidity be exhausted, then any weETH or eETH holders would need to wait the seven (7) day withdrawal period from EigenLayer or wait for more liquidity ahead of the seven day withdrawal window.
  • I know that the Chaos Labs report highlighted 40.6k in liquidity for withdrawals. I wanted to confirm if that number is still accurate or if all the ETH held in this contract is available for withdrawals?
  • I know you probably can’t confirm but is there any indication of what the rate of rewards would be if the Mutual were to allocate to weETH?
  • Do you know when AVSs will start paying for blockspace? I know it’s hard to project but this does impact my view of a potential allocation. As of right now, it’s hard to weigh potential future yield when I don’t know how far in the future the Mutual would have to wait for the estimated 7% to kick in.

Overall, I’m more cautious on an allocation to Ether.fi due to additional smart contract risk with EigenLayer and AVSs not being live just yet. We also have correlation risk to manage with active cover, but that can be managed within the Mutual, as well.

I’ve shared my broader thoughts on how much I would support allocating to Ether.fi at this time in Rei’s Suggested Governance Approach for June ‘24 Investment Proposals post :point_down:

2 Likes