The Community Fund is pleased to begin it’s consideration for the community granting process for the creation of Official Nexus Mutual NFTs proposed by Gauthier
Gauthier has presented this proposal to Forum back in March and here is the original post to refer with project goals;
The original proposal has been amended in projected costs to account for artist commission, minting, gas and project management fees of $42,000 USD.
Here are the program specifications:
Each action in the mutual would be rewarded by a different NFT,
- Becoming a member
- Buying coverage
- Staking / risk assessment
- Claim assessment
- Participating in Shield mining
- An elite NFT that would be unlocked once a member has all previous NFTs
- One more top-tier NFT ( can’t announce it yet)
The artworks would be in the theme of the action performed in the mutual
(e.g. staking= protecting DeFi )
The next step would be to gamify and make “achievements” like illustrated in the picture below :
The artist will need 4-5days per NFT at ~3h/day. Delivery timeframe is 30-40days. I will collaborate and help him with ideas to be sure the artworks represent Nexus Mutual. For me it was mainly looking for potential artists + contacting them. Then, navigate contracts to distribute to the right addresses.
Again, the proposal is calling for 20.000 USD (artist commission)+ 6ETH (minting/transfer costs) = 42.000 USD. Unused funds will be returned to the Community Fund.
All proposals will be considered based on their potential impact on the mutual.
- Awareness/education Projects that seek to grow awareness of Nexus in the wider community and to help members understand how the mutual works. Examples could include writing docs, newsletters, producing videos, memes, NFTs.
- Distribution/sales Projects that focus on b2b partnerships or increase distribution of cover at the source of the primary purchase (ie, on DeFi apps). Examples could include building a distributor on top of Nexus, integrations with other projects, or designing new products.
- Technical improvements/capability Projects that seek to expand functionality of the mutual or development of new products. Examples could include contributing to open source code, designing user interfaces, building a reinsurance layer or constructing bundled yield bearing and protected products
Once a proposal has been up for discussion on here for 7 days it will be closed and we will then translate it to the snapshot for voting. After the snapshot has concluded and if it has produced a favorable outcome, we will distribute the funds.
Details about the Community Fund can be found on this page of our Docs