Nomination of @BraveNewDeFi to serve in the role of Mutant Marketing Lead within Mutant Marketing for an initial six-month period.
Below are my responsibilities broken down by groups within Mutant Marketing and Nexus.
(wrt) Mutant Marketing
- Work with and direct the Marketing and Communications teams within Mutant Marketing
- Identify, hire, and train new Mutant Marketing staff
- Collaborate with Mutant Marketing team to implement and execute the established marketing strategies approved through governance
- Hold weekly standup meetings for Mutant Marketing team
- Developing marketing strategies in collaboration with Hub Advisor and Mutant Marketing team members
- Support Mutant Marketing team
- Review, copy edit, and edit Nexus Writer contributions to the protocol-specific knowledge base
- Create protocol-specific templates for writers to use
- Utilize Nexus Writers Program to support other Hubs (as Mutant Marketing scales)
Nexus Community Ambassadors
- Work with Nexus Community Ambassadors to establish Embassies and build rapport with target partner protocols
- Reviewing reports from Nexus Community Ambassadors
- Creating active tickets for Nexus Writers to address based on Ambassador input
(wrt) Core Team and Other Hub Leads
- Coordinate with Core Team members and other Hub Leads to keep messaging consistent, identify new areas for growth and improvement
- Work with @ricky to strengthen listed protocol partnerships and align Mutant Marketing’s efforts with current business development efforts
(wrt) Nexus Mutant Community
- Update, expand the Nexus Mutual documentation
- Write up Quarterly Reports to facilitate the Quarterly Review provision in the Hub Charter
- Update Mutant community through monthly progress reports on the forum
- Post preliminary and final marketing strategies, budgets, proposals on the community forum
I have been a Nexus Mutual member since December 2020, and I started getting involved in February 2021. I started contributing by sending @hugh edits to the Nexus documentation. I saw areas where information was out of date and did not match up with governance proposals that had been passed. I also thought some of the information could be simplified to make it more accessible for new or prospective members.
Soon, I was setting aside a considerable amount of time every week to work on possible edits and/or a possible restructuring of the documentation as well as answering questions in the Nexus Discord.
I took some initiative and started thinking about how the mutual could be more accessible and more open to community contributions. Below are the major contributions I’ve made on the Nexus Forum:
- Creating a Bug Bounty Service Run by Nexus Mutual
- Nexus Hub: Community-Driven Teams
- Nexus Hub: Proposal, Structure, Next Steps
- Proposal: Collaboration/Contribution to our Docs - @BraveNewDefi
- Proposed Marketing Strategy for Nexus Hub
- Updated Marketing Strategy
- Mutant Marketing Roadmap
- Establishing Mutant Marketing: Hub Charter
To date, I’ve made significant contributions to the documentation. I’ve expanded various sections, added more content, and began the reorganisation process.
I proposed the Nexus Hubs idea to get our community members more involved in the mutual’s day-to-day operations. I know we have a wealth of talent within our membership—I want the mutual to tap into that talent and empower Mutants to move Nexus Mutual into the next phase of growth.
I have worked with @jer979 for the last two months on a comprehensive marketing strategy and the foundation for Mutant Marketing. I couldn’t tell you how many hours I’ve spent answering questions on Discord and Telegram, how many times I’ve prioritised writing ELI5 tweets about the mutual over other priorities in my AFK life.
My conviction and belief in Nexus Mutual, the core team, and my fellow Mutants is unshakable.
Now, I want to serve the mutual as Mutant Marketing Lead.
In Mutant Marketing’s first quarter, I will hire the supporting staff necessary to begin Hub operations.
The first month will be dedicated to training Mutant Marketing staff, building the protocol-specific knowledge base, and working to establish the Nexus Embassies in listed partner protocols.
My goal is to hire six (6) Nexus Community Ambassadors and four (4) Nexus Writers.
In Mutant Marketing’s first two quarters, I will work with the Mutant Marketing team to implement all three marketing campaigns listed in the finalised Marketing Strategy plan.
I will work with the Mutant Marketing Advisor and Nexus Community Ambassadors to identify our DAO Coverage Campaign targets.
After reviewing the Nexus Community Ambassador Program’s effect on cover sales and membership growth, I will work to identify additional listed partner protocols to expand our program into in following quarters (pending community review of a proposed marketing strategy/budget).
My position as Mutant Marketing Lead will require a full-time commitment, and I have been working for the mutual on a full-time basis for the last two months.
Given my role and responsibilities, I believe the following salary requirements are in line with the Mutant Marketing Lead position:
$6,250/month in USDC
$2,084/month in NXM
$37,500 in USDC
$12,504 in NXM
This proposal is open to review for the next seven (7) days.
I welcome community discussion around the Mutant Marketing Lead proposal.
At the end of the seven (7) day period, this proposal will proceed to Snapshot vote.